Aconex writes the book on renovating National Library of New Zealand
Project name: The National Library of New Zealand | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$53 million | Location: Wellington, New Zealand
The renovation of the National Library of New Zealand includes a new library roof and ground-floor plaza, replacement of outdated systems, upgrades to plant and machinery assets, an optimization of research spaces, and the addition of space to store priceless library collections for the next 20 years. The project also includes the moving of library collections from old, leaking, poorly controlled environments into new controlled-atmosphere rooms (CARs).
- Ensuring the care and security of collections, with major changes in project scope for CARs.
- Managing change with minimal impact to the schedule.
- Tracking project status to mitigate risk.
- Accessing and sharing information in real time.
- Project collaboration between team members across different organizations on a single, central platform.
- Neutral, cloud-based system to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Effortless management of all project documents and correspondence.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Project team able to adapt to changes in scope efficiently and effectively.
- Every piece of information needed by the project team at their fingertips.
- Immediate visibility of bottlenecks in communication.
- Clear audit trail for tracking financial variables – essential in a publicly accountable project.