VINCI Construction Grands Projets Advances Oncology Research with BIM and Aconex
Project name: National Research Oncology Center (NROC) ECI Phase 1 | Industry: Health & EducationLocation: Astana, Kazakhstan
The National Research Oncology Center (NROC) is an international construction project currently in Phase 1 (ECI). Nazarbayev University and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hired Paris-based VINCI Construction Grands Projets to design the hospital and research center. With an internationally recognized designer’s team located in five different countries, VINCI Construction Grands Projets needed a platform that would allow project participants and stakeholders to share building information modeling (BIM) information and processes in a secure and fast way across borders, languages and time zones. VINCI Construction Grands Projets chose Aconex to help save time and ensure that the right people have the right documents, avoiding miscommunications and lost data.
- Providing the entire project team with easy access to all project documents and communications.
- Ensuring security, quality and version control to avoid errors and rework.
- Managing workflows and reviews involving geographically dispersed teams.
- Creating and sharing multidimensional models across disciplines and organizations with different levels of BIM maturity.
- Seamless management of workflows and review cycles across team members in five different locations across the world.
- Easy sharing and mark-up of multidimensional models from any browser without needing model authoring software.
- Automation of document control to ensure that everyone is always working with the current version, no matter where they are located.
- Access for the whole team to a secure, cloud-based, construction information and process management platform.
- More efficient workflows and review cycles.
- Improved access to and input for models in a collaborative BIM environment.
- Reduced miscommunications and version control issues.
- Time saved in searching for current and historical project data.