Aconex takes the stage on World Expo Pavilion Project
Project name: New Zealand Pavilion 2010 World Expo | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$10 million | Location: Shanghai, China
Back to projects
The World Expo 2010 in Shanghai was the largest ever, with approximately 200 countries participating and an estimated 70 million visitors. The New Zealand Pavilion occupied 2,000 square meters and was able to handle over 14 million people.
- Tight schedule – no room for delays.
- Architects and engineers in Christchurch; contractor and consultants in Shanghai; owner, designers and project manager in Wellington.
- Various participants involved at different stages, requiring an easily accessible archive of project data.
- Need for efficient, accurate document management processes between remote team members.
- Single online collaboration platform for management of all project information and processes.
- Ability to access, distribute, track, and archive documents and correspondence in real time.
- Automated workflows for efficient review and approval.
- Secure archive containing every document version and transaction – a permanent audit trail.
- Real-time access to documents for time savings and increased productivity.
- Minimal risk of team members using outdated drawings or working from different document versions.
- Less time spent in managing drawing releases, following up on approvals and circulating data.
- Reduced paper usage, resulting in material savings.