Odebrecht fast-tracks Panama Metro project with Aconex
Project name: Odebrecht Panama Metro Line 2 | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$1.8 billion | Location: Panama City, Panama
The design-build joint venture of Odebrecht and Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas (FCC) is adding 21 kilometers of elevated track, 16 stations and a depot to the capital city’s metropolitan rail system. The new line is designed to transport up to 40,000 passengers per hour in each direction, and has the option of being linked to Tocumen International Airport. The project follows the successful delivery of the $US2.0 billion Metro Line 1, which was completed in just over three years, also on Aconex.
- Major transportation infrastructure project on an aggressive delivery schedule (44 months).
- Rigorous procurement process requiring RFI tracking for bids from questions through closure.
- Hundreds of project participants across a large number of different organizations.
- Inefficiency of manual document control requiring upload and distribution of each document revision.
- Project-wide collaboration for document control and structured communications.
- Project controls for managing RFIs and other transmittals.
- Aconex Connected BIM for collaboration on multidimensional models across the design and construction teams.
- Complete audit trail of project communications, decisions and actions.
- Ease of access to all project information from a single secure, centralized location.
- Immediate sharing of documents, drawings and correspondence.
- Efficient document control, with one-click transmittal of revised versions to the appropriate project team members.
- Transparency and accountability for the entire team.