Aconex puts major university project in a class by itself
Project name: North West Cambridge Development | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$1.7 billion | Location: Cambridge, England, U.K.
The North West Cambridge Development is the single largest capital project in the 800-year history of the University of Cambridge. The 15-year master plan for the 150-hectare site includes 3,000 homes, 100,000 square meters of research space, 5,300 square meters of retail space, a senior living facility, a community center, a healthcare center, a primary school, child care facilities, a 130-room hotel, roads, a drainage system, and site infrastructure and landscaping.
- Complex, multi-faceted project with many parts.
- High public visibility.
- Effective management of bidding and tendering process for contractors.
- Processing of documents, communications and workflows according to uniform, coordinated procedures.
- Project collaboration between all project participants on a single, secure system.
- Real-time access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of files.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Permanent audit trail.
- Streamlined communication processes.
- Proactive compliance with requirements.
- Reduced cost.
- Managed risk.