Aconex helps optimize theme park redevelopment
Project name: Ocean Park Master Redevelopment | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$715 million | Location: Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
Situated on the southern side of Hong Kong Island, Ocean Park is an 870,000-square-meter educational theme park, combining roller coaster rides and shows with educational and conservation programs. More than four million people visit each year. The redevelopment doubled the number of rides and created additional sea-life and marine attractions, positioning Ocean Park as one of the world’s premier marine theme parks.
- Large volume of information to manage.
- Extensive network of project managers, consultants, contractors, and stakeholders that need to collaborate.
- Project team located in Hong Kong as well as other regions, complicating communications.
- Park open during two-year project, making project team coordination even more critical.
- Secure, neutral collaboration platform.
- Project drawings, documentation, correspondence, and workflows stored online in one central site.
- Team able to view, track and share documentation at any time from any location.
- Effective management of complex information exchanges between project team members.
- Efficiency and productivity improved across a large project team.
- Communication processes streamlined.
- Review and approval of documents executed in a timely manner.
- On-the-ground training and support of all local and international project members.