The wind is at Otary’s back with Aconex
Project name: Otary Rentel Offshore Wind Farm | Industry: PowerProject size: US$1.41 billion | Location: North Sea
Otary RS, a joint venture between eight companies, was formed to develop sea-based wind farm projects in Belgium. Rentel is a 288-megawatt, 20-square-kilometer wind farm capable of generating an estimated 1.1 to 1.2 gigawatt hours per year – enough to power 280,000 homes. The works site is remote, in 30 meters of water and 40 kilometers from the nearest land. The giant rotors on the nearly 50 wind turbines each span more than 150 meters.
- Significant volumes of project data to manage.
- Close communication and collaboration required across the project team.
- No time, budget or staff to implement an in-house solution.
- Risk of downtime with on-premise systems, especially during office relocations.
- Highly intuitive user interface, with access from mobile devices.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) implementation to avoid investments in infrastructure.
- Immediate access to project communications and documents, with version control.
- Workflow management and reporting for document review and approval and other core processes.
- All members of the project team connected on a single project-wide collaboration platform.
- Fast project set-up and secure, permanent storage of all project data in the cloud.
- Reduction of the need for several document controllers to one.
- Project-wide reporting tools to meet fiduciary responsibility in keeping project stakeholders up to date.