Denver International Airport flies right with Aconex
Project name: Parsons Denver Int Airport | Industry: Aviation & PortLocation: Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
The Denver International Airport (DIA) Hotel and Transit Center program is designed to enhance DIA’s competitiveness as a leading global airport and its positioning for future growth. The program includes design and construction of a 500+-room Westin Hotel and conference center, a public transit center including a commuter rail station to connect the airport with downtown Denver, a centralized pick-up/drop-off point for all Regional Transportation District (RTD) buses serving the airport, and a Public Plaza venue for programs and events.
- Large, complex program comprised of independent yet physically integrated projects requiring the involvement of multiple contractors.
- Ability to access and share documents between 116 different organizations – without the constraints of software licenses.
- 150,000 documents including drawings, photos and videos of up to 3 gigabytes in size.
- Multiple project phases, with transitions requiring efficient change management.
- Single online platform for project-wide collaboration across all information and processes, including workflow management.
- Multi-tenant cloud implementation to eliminate the requirement for individual user software licenses.
- Transparent document tracking, search and reporting for full accountability, with a complete audit trail.
- Distribution and management of all file types and sizes.
- Flexibility for new users and organizations to join the project at any time and get up and running quickly.
- One project document controller instead of three, saving approximately $100,000 in annual staffing costs.
- Elimination of bottlenecks for 2,000 RFIs and reduction in RFI turnaround time to 10 days.
- Full history of all RFIs from initiation to close-out.
- Reduced logging time and errors for daily reports and improved accuracy of weekly reports for faster resolution of field issues.
- Accelerated processing of change management documentation for availability to the entire project team.
- Iron-clad audit trail for comprehensive risk mitigation.