Grocon goes carbon neutral with Aconex
Project name: Pixel Building | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Melbourne, Australia
The Pixel Building in Melbourne was Australia’s first carbon-neutral office space. Located on the former Carlton Brewery site, the four-story building includes an insulated rooftop garden with solar panels and wind turbines, as well as a gray water system. The development targeted a six-star Green Star rating and was designed to achieve the highest Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology (BREEAM) rating scores at the time of completion.
- High visibility as Australia’s first carbon-neutral office building.
- Requirement to reduce the carbon footprint of the project compared to traditional project delivery.
- Project team of multiple organizations requiring frequent, efficient communications.
- Large volume of documents to be managed with minimal use of paper.
- Secure collaboration platform for managing all project information and processes electronically.
- Document management with version control to ensure team focus on the latest versions of drawings and documents.
- Single system rather than multiple systems for managing and tracking all project correspondence.
- Audit trail to record all project activities permanently and resolve conflicts.
- Effective web-based collaboration across several different organizations on the project team.
- Reduction of travel and face-to-face meetings in favor of online document reviews and correspondence.
- Reduction of printing and paper use.
- Management of risk to support successful, carbon-neutral project delivery.