Platform Powers Waste-to-Energy Plant Project
Project name: Royal BAM Group PRO6 managers Waste to Energy Plant | Industry: PowerProject size: US$200 million | Location: Roosendaal, Netherlands
Engineering, procurement and construction for the Waste-to-Energy Plant in Roosendaal, Netherlands amounted to a large, complex project. This state-of-the-art facility is one of the most advanced waste-to-energy operations in Europe, meeting the energy needs of 75,000 households and helping meet the sustainable development goals set by the European Union for 2020. The plant generates 246,000 MW of energy from 291,000 tons of waste per year.
- Prior use of a simple file-sharing solution without planning and information management tools.
- Result: inadequate project supervision, with too many opportunities for mistakes and miscommunication.
- Tight project schedule involving many different organizations.
- Integration and coordination of information across the entire project team through all phases.
- User-friendly project information management platform for sharing and reviewing documents across organizations in multiple regions.
- The solution helped address the key information and process management challenges of a project of this scale.
- Processing all project communications and documents on single platform avoided miscommunication and errors.
- The specific requirements of Pro6 managers were prioritized and factored into the solution delivered.
- Performance analysis graphs helped Pro6 managers assess planned and actual progress.
- These graphs show project trends which would otherwise be very difficult to detect.
- The customer was able to influence the development of the solution to meet its needs.
- Project participants realized the benefits of predictable workflows, clear audit trails and efficient status reporting.
*Conject, which delivered this project, was acquired by Aconex in April 2016.