Rangeland Keeps Complex Design on Track with Aconex
Project name: Rangeland Engineering Burstall Ethane Storage Facility | Industry: Oil & GasProject size: US$140 million | Location: Burstall, Saskatchewan, Canada
The Burstall Ethane Storage Facility is located in an underground salt cavern below the town of Burstall, Saskatchewan, near the Albert border. The facility will have the capacity to store approximately one million barrels of ethane sourced from the North Dakota Bakken deposit. It will be connected by pipeline to an ethane gathering system in Alberta.
- Complexity of physical design and process management.
- Geographically dispersed design and construction teams, with global procurement.
- Five-step request for information (RFI) process.
- Initial project management on spreadsheet-based system.
- Project-wide collaboration platform with sophisticated document control and BIM data management.
- Automated workflows with dashboard notifications for greater transparency and accountability.
- Audit trail for compliance and conflict resolution.
- API-based integration with internal and vendor systems for data exchange.
- 25% time savings in squad check processes.
- Reduction of five-step RFI process to one create-and-send workflow.
- Enrichment of plant design models with external data.
- Fluid communications and always up-to-date project information.