Aconex keeps rail line project on track
Project name: Regional Rail Link | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$3.8 billion | Location: Victoria, Australia
Back to projects
The Regional Rail Link is a major rail line that provides capacity for extra trains to accommodate thousands more passengers across Melbourne and country rail networks during peak traffic periods.
- Complex project.
- Large project team with numerous organizations.
- Hundreds of thousands of drawings, documents and correspondence items to manage and exchange.
- Information fragmented across multiple repositories.
- Neutral, secure, cloud-based collaboration platform serves the entire project team.
- One central system allows access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of information in real time.
- Document control helps mitigate risk and support project objectives.
- Audit trail provides tracking of all documents and communications.
- Efficiency, transparency and accountability improved across the project team.
- Stakeholders assured that all project information is accurate and authoritative.
- Time required for document review and approval significantly reduced.
- Comprehensive project record – “single source of truth” – to prevent disputes.