Macmahon takes the high road with Aconex
Project name: Reid Highway Extension | Industry: Road & RailLocation: Perth, Australia
The Reid Highway extension project in Perth delivered an additional 2.6 kilometers of highway to link the West Swan Road to the Great Northern Highway. The extension includes a wider four-lane dual carriageway, a 220-meter bridge spanning Perth’s iconic Swan River, major intersection works, an underpass, and the construction of several smaller bridges.
- Complex infrastructure project with many stakeholders.
- Large, diverse project team across multiple organizations.
- Risks associated with paper documents and manual processes.
- Potential for delays and disputes due to miscommunications.
- Centralized project information and process management.
- Document management with version control for drawings and other project documentation.
- Secure communications in one place, with alerts for outstanding and overdue items.
- Comprehensive, on-demand project reporting capabilities.
- Coordination of complex workflows across different organizations.
- Focus on latest versions of drawings and other project documents to avoid errors and rework.
- Faster review and approval cycles.
- Audit trail of all project decisions and actions to resolve disputes.