Richard Crookes First in its Class with UTS Thomas Street Project
Project name: Richard Crookes Constructions UTS Thomas Street | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$85 million | Location: Sydney, Australia
The 20,000-square-meter University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) building houses the Faculty of Science and Graduate School of Health, as well as a unique library retrieval system for 900,000 books. There are three levels below ground and five above, with labs for experimentation, modern lecture halls, and a dramatic, wavy building façade. The development also includes a landscaped green space in the middle of the UTS campus. Designed and constructed as a 6-Star Green Star building, it provides a range of purpose-built spaces for collaborative learning and research. The project is a cornerstone of the $1-billion UTS Campus Master Plan.
- Complex design and construction issues.
- Project team of more than 660 individuals from over 370 different organizations.
- Nearly 20,000 documents and more than 14,000 items of correspondence.
- High public visibility.
- Aconex platform for project-wide collaboration, document control, communications, and workflow management.
- Aconex Field with checklists on tablets for safety and quality inspections and issues management.
- Aconex Smart Manuals for streamlined handover from construction to operation and maintenance (O&M).
- Aconex Mobile construction apps for real-time project access on smartphones and tablets.
- Close coordination of all architects, engineers, consultants, subcontractors, and other stakeholders for on-time delivery.
- Secure, central repository for all project documents and communications.
- Uniform process controls across the project.
- Complete audit trail to reduce the risk of delays and disputes.