Richard Crookes cut variation review and resolution time in half
Project name: UTS Central | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: ANZ
Back to projects
The owners of Richard Crookes Constructions hired an external expert to drive their digital transformation. BIM is a key area of focus for them with a goal of 95% BIM adoption over the next 5 years.
- Providing technology solutions to meet the various stages of clients and project teams.
- Optimizing the benefits of BIM across the project team and phases.
- Providing data for optimal use throughout operations and maintenance.
- Educating internal and external team members on the use of digitization including BIM, to optimize project benefits.
- Flexible system configurable to client and project needs.
- Connected BIM providing access to models without the need for special authoring or even viewing software.
- Involvement and planning, using a project-wide platform from the very beginning of conceptual design.
- There have been about 5% fewer RFIs and 3-5% fewer variations by using Aconex Connected BIM to bring the wider team, including the client into the model review cycles.
- Variation review and resolution is about 50% faster due to the clear record of decisions and access to documentation.
- The number of claims has been reduced an estimated 3-5% and the time spent on claim management has been reduced since it is fast and easy to access the full project history.
- Aconex as a common data environment and tool for managing models, brings issues to the forefront early for fast resolution.