Riyadh Metro speeds report production by 95% with Aconex
Project name: Riyadh Metro | Industry: Road & RailLocation: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
The Riyadh Metro project comprises the construction of two new rail lines. The first line runs north to south across Riyadh, from Olaya to Batha Corridor, and extends 38 kilometers, with 22 stations and four transfer stations. The second line runs east to west along King Abdullah Road and covers 25 kilometers, with 13 stations and three transfer stations.
- Difficulty of accessing documents from project sites or home offices.
- Complex and time-consuming design review process involving many reviewers.
- Lack of on-site access inspection-related documents, reducing productivity.
- Difficulty of adequately documenting the many steps in review workflows.
- Single, neutral repository for all documents.
- Immediate access to all registered users from anywhere.
- Flow of more than 2,000 documents through the design review process each week.
- Mobile access to inspection-related documents for all site inspectors. Automatic tracking of all reviewer changes and permanent retention of all versions of documents.
- No need for hard copies, as all documents are stored digitally on Aconex.
- Reduction of time required for one document controller to produce management reports from two days to as little as 10 minutes a week.
- Redeployment of staff due to increased efficiencies.
- Improved efficiency in field inspection data capture, review and close-out on mobile devices.