Alsace Connected on Fiber with Aconex
Project name: Rosace Deploiement broadband network | Industry: PowerProject size: US$512 million | Location: Alsace, France
The implementation of a broadband network for very high speed internet access throughout the Alsace region involves the installation of 370,000 fiber to the home (FTTH) plugs and 13,000 kilometers of cables, bringing fiber to the threshold of each dwelling. Despite its magnitude, the project is scheduled for completion in only six years.
- Construction sites in 750 rural towns.
- Many subcontractors and a wide variety of state bodies involved.
- Up to 500 people working at the same time at the peak of deployment.
- Very ambitious plan and delivery schedule.
- Codification of documents that are relevant to the territory.
- Five-month adaptation and configuration of the Aconex platform to the specific requirements of the project.
- Simple but numerous workflows to avoid any validation delays.
- Standardization of communication and document formats.
- Financial risk linked to delivery delays moved from ’critical’ to ’controlled’, saving an estimated at €40,000 per day
- Document management costs reduced by €600,000 by saving the equivalent of 2 head counts over the five-year project.
- Workflow response time reduced by 25%, from 20 days to 15 days, on average.
- A multitude of configured workflows managed effectively by the project team.