Iron ore mine turns project information into gold
Project name: Roy Hill Mine | Industry: MiningProject size: US$10 billion | Location: Newman, Australia
Roy Hill is one of Australia’s largest integrated iron ore mining, rail and port projects, located approximately 115 kilometers north of Newman in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The Roy Hill Mine has a total resource of more than 2.3 billion tonnes of average +55 percent Fe iron ore over a mine life of at least 20 years, with the first shipment scheduled in 2015.
- Complex mine construction and operation project.
- Wide range of stakeholders and multiple assets to be built.
- Requirements to reduce risk and achieve regulatory compliance.
- Timely project delivery to start production on schedule.
- Aconex – single source of project information management for contractors.
- Neutral cloud-based platform for improved efficiency of information access.
- Users at 23 different organizations, which will grow with additional operational contracts.
- Implementation of best practices in construction project collaboration.
- Project teams manage and respond to contractual communications.
- Team members share and update documents and drawings.
- Teams execute project-defined workflows for process control and document review and approval.
- Full audit trail and web search capabilities make searches fast and easy.