Aconex delivers Rx for managing large hospital project
Project name: Royal Adelaide Hospital | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$1.9 billion | Location: Adelaide, Australia
Located in Adelaide’s west end, the new Royal Adelaide Hospital is Australia’s most advanced healthcare facility and the single largest infrastructure project in the history of South Australia. With 800 beds and 40 operating theaters, the hospital will have the capacity to admit 80,000 patients per year. This project is using Building Information Modeling (BIM), an intelligent, 3D-model-based process for planning, design and construction.
- Complex project with many stakeholders who need rapid access to information.
- Difficulty of distributing and sharing large BIM files across many organizations.
- Limited transmittal management, document version control and search capabilities.
- Insufficient management of review and approval processes.
- Project collaboration between team members and organizations on a single, central system.
- Management of all project information, including BIM files and correspondence.
- Access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of files in real time from anywhere.
- Permanent audit trail of all decisions and actions.
- Large BIM files distributed seamlessly to project team members without restriction, regardless of their location.
- Improved efficiency and productivity across the project team.
- Enhanced BIM management for best practices.
- Consistent set of processes executed project-wide.