Aconex puts huge transportation project on fast track
Project name: RTD FasTracks and Capital Programs | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$5 billion | Location: Denver CO
FasTracks consists of 12 construction projects including 122 miles of new rail service, 18 miles of bus rapid transit, 57 new stations, 31 new park-and-rides, 21,000 new parking spaces, and the redevelopment of Denver Union Station. RTD Capital Programs comprises 25 smaller projects for the maintenance and repair of existing infrastructure.
- More than 3,000 project members from 150 organizations.
- Literally millions of documents to manage.
- Dozens of individual projects to track.
- Public project – need to maximize every dollar spent.
- Project collaboration between many organizations on a single, central system.
- Management of project information at all levels.
- Built-in automated workflows for review and approval processes.
- Document version control for accuracy and audit trail for accountability.
- Over 2.3 million documents stored on the system.
- US$116 million saved in direct cost reductions, productivity increases, schedule acceleration, dispute avoidance, and rework reductions.
- Timely review and approval of documents.
- RTD in control of all aspects of the many projects.