Aconex helps bridge project flow smoothly
Project name: Samuel Beckett Bridge | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$63 million | Location: Dublin, Ireland
The 120-meter-long Samuel Beckett Bridge spans the maritime gateway to Dublin. It consists of four traffic lanes with cycle tracks and footpaths on either side of the bridge, and can open to accommodate maritime traffic. The project also included a major upgrade of the approach roads.
- Complex infrastructure development with a high public profile.
- Dispersed project team – architects in Valencia and Zurich, contractors in Rotterdam and Belfast, consultant in London.
- Inability of commercial email to handle the volume of correspondence or the size of documents.
- Risk of emails and documents being lost or misplaced.
- Secure, neutral platform for efficient collaboration between project team members.
- All drawings, documents and correspondence managed through one online platform.
- Ability to view, distribute and track files electronically at any time, from any location.
- Automated workflows for faster review and approval process.
- Increased productivity through fast distribution and retrieval of data.
- Reduced printing and postage costs.
- Mitigated risk of information loss, disputes and delays.
- Streamlined communications between team members.