Aconex powers project information management for electric utility
Project name: San Juan Generating Station | Industry: PowerProject size: US$100 million | Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Public Service Company of New Mexico’s (PNM’s) San Juan Generating Station is undergoing an environmental upgrade. To control haze-forming and carbon emissions, while reducing water usage and coal combustion byproducts, PNM will retire two of the four coal-fired generating units and install nitrogen-oxide reduction technology at the other two units.
- High-visibility project – no room for errors.
- Multi-company design, engineering and construction team.
- Need to ensure consistent processes across the team.
- Risk of project information being incomplete or hard to locate.
- Online collaboration platform for information and process management across the project team.
- Processing of all documents, drawings and communications.
- Secure, neutral platform for improved risk management.
- Easy search and retrieval of documents.
- Project-defined workflows to automate reviews, approvals and other critical processes.
- Complete and accurate audit trail of all project activities and communications for compliance and reporting.
- Improved efficiency across all project participants.
- Timely review and approval of documents.