Chorus Group Fits Out the Savoy in London – With Aconex
Project name: The Savoy | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$117 million | Location: London, U.K.
The Savoy, one of London’s most famous five-star hotels, underwent a full refurbishment. Internally, its 267 guestrooms were renovated, and a 16-room Royal Suite was added. Nineteen new elevators were installed, and the public and back-of-house areas were refurbished. A glass roof and a specially built conservatory, rendered in silver, were built in the Thames Foyer, the hotel's afternoon tea venue. The River Restaurant was reopened, and a new champagne bar was added. External works included a new courtyard for the hotel entrance and external façade refurbishment incorporating new windows, cathodic protection and stonework.
- High-profile project with a team dispersed across the U.K. and the Middle East.
- Project data distributed across PCs on Microsoft Windows–based solutions rather than centralized.
- Limits on file sizes for Outlook attachments and delays in transmitting large numbers of files.
- Increased risk of errors because of different document control protocols in different organizations.
- All project information on a single, shared platform – easy to track and archive.
- Instantaneous access to and distribution of information at any time, from anywhere.
- Efficient retrieval of documents and correspondence, with proof of issue and receipt.
- User-friendly interface for broad adoption and usage.
- 270 project team members from 40 different organizations managed up to 40,000 documents and communications each month.
- Administrative costs for printing, postage and couriers were reduced by US$45,000.
- Management reports were generated to identify outstanding items and track the status of RFIs, site instructions and responses.
- Individual and team accountability was improved with a complete audit trail for the project.