Aconex helps race to the finish at silverstone
Project name: Silverstone Wing | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$47 million | Location: Silverstone, UK
Opened in time for the 2011 Formula One British Grand Prix, the Silverstone Wing is a state-of-the-art pit and paddock complex at Silverstone Racing Circuit. Built to provide a world-class racing facility for teams, officials and spectators, the development includes garages, a race control building, a podium, a media center, and hospitality and VIP spectator zones.
- Tight schedule to ensure completion by the start of the racing season.
- High-visibility project – no time for errors or delays.
- Many documents, drawings and correspondence items to manage.
- Need for status tracking to mitigate risk.
- Single platform for document viewing and control and correspondence management.
- Coordination of complex document exchanges between project team members.
- Access, distribution, tracking, and archiving of files from anywhere at any time.
- Automated workflows to speed up review and approval processes.
- Information transfer is instantaneous.
- Documents are signed off much faster – key to meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Tracking enables managers to monitor project status.
- Project was completed in time for the 2011 Formula One British Grand Prix.