Skanska Builds with BIM
Project name: Skanska Property Poland Malta House | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$32.2 million | Location: Malta Lake, Poznán, Poland
Malta House is a Class A green office complex which was developed in compliance with the principles of sustainable development. It was the first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) pre-certified office building in Poznań with a Platinum rating. The total leasable space of Malta House consists of 15,700 square meters and includes 275 parking spaces for tenants. This was the first large-scale building information modeling (BIM) project for Skanska Property Poland.
- Requirement for the project team to share complete multidimensional models rather than only 2D drawings.
- Critical importance of speed and reliability to support project collaboration processes for BIM.
- Missed or late delivery of new and revised models to project participants.
- Inefficient review and approval cycles for models.
- Secure and reliable exchange of BIM data through centralized access on single platform by all project participants.
- Rapid user acceptance resulting from the simplicity of the user interface and fast search functionality.
- Effective distribution of models without file size constraints, spam filters, mailbox capacity, and other email limitations.
- Email notification of changes to relevant project participants when not logged in to the platform.
- Grouping of communications by activity for each step of the model approval process for easy traceability.
- Automatic maintenance of a list of delivered models, which is always complete and up to date.
- Multi-layered access security to ensure high availability of all BIM data and compliance with required model submittal dates.
- Fewer errors in planning and execution due to model version control and tracking of who published revisions and when.
*Conject, which delivered this project, was acquired by Aconex in April 2016.