Aconex streamlines creation of O&M Manuals
Project name: South Australia Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) - Hindmarsh Construction | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$202.6 million | Location: Adelaide, Australia
The South Australia Health & Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) is designed to house up to 675 researchers in fully flexible laboratory spaces incorporating PC2 lab standards. The 26,000-square-meter facility will be integrated with the new Royal Adelaide Hospital precinct, with research and health services working side by side to foster innovation and improvements in health services.
- Operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals can be administrative nightmares for contractors.
- Finding, tracking, collating, and printing information is time-consuming and labor-intensive.
- Handover can be inaccurate, incomplete and late, resulting in delays, added cost and increased risk.
- Traditional O&M ring binders with paper copies are hard to search and can easily be lost or misplaced.
- Capture handover information completely and accurately as work is completed – not at the end.
- Review information and track progress efficiently – detect and resolve issues early.
- Deliver O&M manuals digitally – printing is optional.
- Store information securely so that it can’t be altered or deleted.
- Aconex digital O&M manual several thousand dollars less than a traditional hard-copy manual.
- Access to O&M information online from anywhere at any time.
- Electronic format much more user-friendly.
- Reduction of schedule delays that can add costs.