Tunneling under Seattle – Aconex energizes state route 99 project
Project name: State Route 99 Tunnel under Seattle | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$1.4 billion | Location: Seattle Washington, U.S.A.
Seattle Tunnel Partners (STP) is a joint venture between Dragados USA and Tutor Perini Corporation, two top-tier construction firms whose portfolios include large public works projects throughout the U.S. and worldwide. STP is building the State Route 99 Tunnel – two miles long and 58 feet in diameter – under downtown Seattle so that the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) can demolish the earthquake-damaged Alaskan Way Viaduct. The project team consists of 330 individuals across various disciplines and organizations – including WSDOT, tunnel designer HNTB Corporation, local municipalities, and a number of subcontractors and consultants. More than 580 outside vendor contacts are participating in the project.
- Project team of 330 across various organizations and disciplines and more than 580 vendor contacts.
- Cross-company coordination of complex project documentation between document control centers.
- Original document control system with limited transmittal management, document version control and search capabilities.
- Risk of project information being incomplete and difficult to find and use.
- Single platform for document management, viewing and control; bidding and tendering processes; and correspondence management.
- Ability to manage a complex exchange of documents and other project information between multiple stakeholders.
- Tracking of all invitations and responses to RFPs.
- Easy document search and retrieval for public RFIs and disclosures.
- Confidential management of all vendor communications, with a complete audit trail.
- All project team members up and running in 3-4 weeks.
- Automation of document control and management for more than 100,000 project documents.
- 75% reduction in time required to generate weekly reports.
- 90% faster creation of document transmittals.
- 50% faster document uploads.
- Savings of 20 hours of staff time a week.