Aconex takes the stage at new Greek Cultural Center
Project name: Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$419 million | Location: Athens, Greece
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center will house the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera in a multifunctional arts, education and entertainment complex occupying 240,000 square meters, including a park, near Faliro Bay in Athens. The Center was designed by the Renzo Piano Building Workshop and is being developed by a joint venture between two construction firms, the Impregilo Group of Italy and TERNA of Greece. Faithful+Gould, a global consultancy, is managing the project. The project team is targeting a Platinum certification for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- 150 team members from 18 different organizations throughout Europe and the U.S.
- Thousands of documents such as drawings, RFIs and submittals to manage every month.
- Risk of information being hard to find, lost or incomplete.
- Potential delays and expensive rework due to superseded document versions.
- Project collaboration between all organizations on a single, central platform.
- Automated workflows for reviews and approvals.
- Cloud-based platform – no software installation, bugs, maintenance, or data backups.
- Mobile construction apps for accessing and updating project information on site or anywhere.
- Improved efficiency and accuracy of project information from day one.
- Increased productivity across the project team.
- Permanent capture of document versions and correspondence for fast, easy search.
- Project-wide access to the same set of data, reducing risk of errors and delays.