Aconex goes to school with Swinburne University projects
Project name: Swinburne University | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$80 million | Location: Victoria, Australia and Sarawak, Malaysia
Swinburne University has a strong reputation in Australia and internationally as a provider of career education in technology and as a university with a commitment to research. Swinburne’s operations are conducted at six campuses located across the state of Victoria and in Sarawak, Malaysia. These campuses are continuously being maintained and upgraded, while new facilities and extensions are being built.
- Near tripling of capital works budget to meet demand for additional capacity.
- Paper files for all projects stored in different physical locations and difficult to find and access.
- Outdated drawings and documents leading to errors, rework and schedule delays.
- Twice-a-year audit with exacting standards for project data management and reporting.
- Secure, neutral collaboration platform for managing all project information and processes.
- Documents and correspondence on a single system for fast capture and access, with document version control.
- Unlimited capacity for data storage as projects scale.
- Complete, permanent record of projects for auditors.
- Tens of thousands of documents and correspondence items managed for more than 50 projects.
- Search and discovery of project information in seconds rather than days and an audit trail to resolve disputes.
- Focus on current versions of drawings and documents to avoid errors and rework.
- Printing reduced by 40%.