Sydney Opera House improves and renovates with Aconex
Project name: Sydney Opera House | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityLocation: Sydney, Australia
Sydney Opera House is one of the world’s most iconic buildings and greatest architectural achievements of the 20th century. The design of the building is instantly recognizable. The facility itself is extremely complex, encompassing 800 separate areas. The entire building occupies around 1.8 hectares of a 2.2-hectare site.
To maintain this world-class facility, Sydney Opera House manages a continuous program of improvements and renovations. In the past several years, the program has included upgrades and enhancements to the reception hall, the box office, restrooms, the forecourt infrastructure, the western foyers, and a number of other areas.
- Project team of architects, builders, engineers, and specialist consultants.
- Hard-copy distribution of drawings, transcript notes and other documentation throughout the project team.
- Difficulty of tracking information and communications in the event of a dispute.
- Handover to facilities management for maintenance after each project.
- Secure project collaboration platform to control information and link the design, construction and facilities management teams.
- Immediate documentation of design changes and automatic correlation of transmittals with attached drawings.
- Instant access to and distribution of project files.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use system for all project team members.
- Significant time and cost savings for administrative tasks, such as manual checking and correction of errors.
- Streamlined flow of complete, accurate project information from construction to handover and operation.
- Electronic transfer of permanent project records to internal information management systems.
- Transparency and accountability across the project team.