Newland Communities controls data for Symphony Park project with Aconex
Project name: Symphony Park | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$6 billion | Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Symphony Park is a public-private partnership (PPP) urban redevelopment project of the city of Las Vegas and Newland Communities. The development is a $6-billion, 10-million-square-foot, mixed-use community in downtown Las Vegas, which serves as a catalyst for further development in the downtown area. The project includes 1.8 million square feet of office, medical office, and commercial space; 100 residential units; two non-gaming hotels; one casino hotel; 475,000 square feet of retail space; and the 379,000-square-foot Smith Center for the Performing Arts.
- Traditional tools such as Microsoft Office were insufficient to handle a project of this scope.
- Each organization on the project had its own system for managing data.
- The sheer numbers of documents and file folders made it difficult to find project information.
- The team was required to hand over project data to the city of Las Vegas at practical completion.
- Connection of all project stakeholders – the city, consultants and attorneys – in a single system.
- Secure collaboration platform for project information and process management.
- Ability to control data and disseminate information quickly to multiple organizations.
- Audit trail for complete, accurate, up-to-date project records.
- Centralized communications and document management across multiple organizations.
- Improved data tracking and control.
- Ease of use for increased efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrated value to the client and other PPP stakeholders.