Riyadh Airport expands on Aconex
Project name: TAV Construction ACC JV King Khaled International Airport Terminal 5 | Industry: Aviation & PortProject size: US$430 million | Location: Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Terminal 5 at King Khaled International Airport was a design-build project for the KSA General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA). The structure covers 106,000 square meters and has a fully operational capacity of 14 million passengers per year. Construction of the 55,000-square meter terminal roof involved 8,000 tons of structural steel.
- Aggressive project delivery schedule and a geographically dispersed project team.
- Incomplete information management processes with a document archival system.
- Missing documents, leading to conflicts and disputes between project team members, and unanswered requests for information (RFIs).
- Prolonged review and approval cycles for shop drawings.
- Migration of more than 36,000 shop drawings and documents to a project-wide collaboration platform.
- Ready access to documents in a central location.
- All document versions, communications and workflows permanently stored in an audit trail.
- Fast, easy search capabilities based on metadata.
- Project progress of 7.2% per month, compared to less than 5% for most airport construction projects.
- Streamlined flow of information between the owner, the engineers, the main contractor, and the subcontractors.
- Acceleration of review and approval cycles.
- Immediate resolution of conflicts and avoidance of disputes.