Panama airport expansion project takes off with Aconex
Project name: Tocumen Airport Expansion | Industry: Aviation & PortProject size: US$679.4 million | Location: Panama City, Panama
The South Terminal project at Tocumen International Airport will add a second terminal with 80,000 square meters and 20 new boarding gates, nearly doubling the capacity of the airport to 15 million passengers per year in 2016. The project will also include immigration and customs areas, commercial and retail space, parking lots, access roads, and bridges.
- Complex, multi-year project.
- Fast-track schedule.
- Project team of 125 active members from five different organizations.
- Requirement for team members to access and share information in real time from the job site.
- All information centralized in one secure, neutral location.
- Access, distribution, tracking, and archiving in real time.
- Document version control and a complete audit trail of project activities.
- Aconex Field for managing inspections and related issues on site.
- Owner receives updates immediately rather than on CDs sent by mail.
- Audit trail ensures transparency and accountability for the project team.
- Single platform makes it easy to find and share documents.
- Aconex platform was up and running in less than a month.