Aconex helps water pipeline project flow
Project name: Toowoomba Pipeline Project | Industry: Water & WasteProject size: US$123 million | Location: Toowoomba, Australia
The Toowoomba Pipeline – 38 kilometers in length and 750 millimeters in diameter – transfers water underground from Wivenhoe Dam near Brisbane to Cressbrook Dam near Toowoomba, supplying more than 125,000 people in the region. The client for the project was LinkWater Projects.
- Tight schedule for planning, design and construction.
- Project team across multiple organizations.
- Need to share information in real time.
- Risk of incomplete, hard-to-find or outdated project information.
- Single, secure system for managing documents and communications.
- Online review, distribution and tracking of all project information.
- Audit trail of all project decisions and actions.
- Project-defined workflows for process control.
- Improved efficiency and productivity.
- Instant access to drawings, documents, reports, and correspondence.
- High levels of transparency and accountability.
- Streamlined communications and information sharing between parties.