KPH Turcot Connects Montréal with Aconex
Project name: KPH Turcot - Turcot Interchange | Industry: Road & RailProject size: US$1.15 billion | Location: Montréal, Quebec
The Turcot Interchange is a hub for road traffic in the Montréal area, interconnecting Highways 15, 20 and 720 while facilitating access to the Champlain Bridge. It is also an essential road link between Montreal-Pierre-Elliott Trudeau International Airport and downtown Montréal. After almost 50 years of service, one of the most important interchanges in Québec ‒ which has a traffic volume of more than 300 000 vehicles per day ‒ had to be rebuilt. The project also included the reconstruction of the Angrignon, De La Vérendrye and Montréal-Ouest interchanges, and adjacent sections of Highways 15, 20 and 720.
- Collaborating across more than 1,200 project team members.
- Onboarding over 100 contractors representing multiple disciplines.
- Adhering to strict government regulatory compliance requirements.
- Maintaining traffic flow and public safety on and around roads currently in use.
- Aconex provided easy access from any web browser or mobile device and unlimited support to all project team members.
- All 100 contractors could easily access Aconex and collaborate with each other on consistent data and processes.
- Aconex met the security and neutrality requirements of the ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l'Électrification des transports.
- A clear record of all communications, document versions and decisions reduced errors and supports public transparency.
- KPH Turcot required only one document controller instead of five, saving 40,000 person hours over four years.
- Web search capabilities using metadata helped every organization find their data quickly.
- KPH Turcot adhered to contractual Non Conformance Report communication requirements and avoided daily of penalties of $250.
- Optimize document reviews with designers on project with over 100 subcontractors and suppliers.