Turner & Townsend has achieved a 90% time savings in weekly RFI reporting
Project name: Mixed use project in the UK | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: UK
To achieve BIM level 2 compliance, Turner & Townsend needed a proven system to: provide a common data environment, streamline processes across multiple clients/sectors including a current client, Sheffield City Council, and improve reporting and transparency across projects.
Reporting was ad hoc, time consuming and not 100% up to date.
Errors in naming, numbering and documentation caused delays and could lead to an imperfect document register provided to their client.
Lack of a secure central platform on which to collaborate.
Needed to meet BIM level 2 compliance and make it easier to manage model reviews.
- Reporting configured to meet project needs and available to all team members.
- Data was exported and analyzed to highlight discrepancies; compliance reporting provided relevant information enabling timely corrective actions.
- Each organization was given its own private, secure space with configurable workflows and system set up, to meet all project needs.
- Connected BIM meant models are easily shared and available to team members to edit or comment on.
- 90% faster weekly RFI reporting. Now taking only 2 minutes to generate instead of the previous 30 minutes. Project Managers can use the timely and complete RFI report data to address delays before the project schedule is impacted.
- The accessibility to reporting saved on average 1 hour per day for the Project Manager.
- Model review cycles are 92% faster on average, reduced from 5 days to 3 hours.
- The client has benefited from a 10% reduction in scope changes by enabling team members outside of the design team, including the client, to participate in the BIM process.
- Over 80% faster to find drawings or documents and 2-3 hours saved per day tracking manual workflows.