Aconex delivers cure to Pomerleau-Verreault medical center
Project name: University of Montreal Hospital | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$390 million | Location: Montréal, Québec
The Centre de Recherche at the Centre Hospitalier de l’Universite de Montréal (CRCHUM) is a public-private partnership (PPP) infrastructure project. The Centre de Recherche is a state-of-the-art, integrated research center at the University of Montréal, specializing in innovation and noninvasive human exploration applied to healthcare services. The center houses a full research continuum of basic science, clinical research and population health research.
- Project team of hundreds of individuals representing dozens of investors, government organizations, certification bodies, and design, engineering and construction firms.
- Exchange of thousands of documents and correspondence items between team members.
- Need to reduce risk and achieve regulatory compliance.
- Aggressive project timelines driven by complex workflows.
- Project collaboration between many organizations on a single, secure system.
- Management of project information including documents, drawings and correspondence items.
- Automated workflows for review and approval.
- Audit trail of all decisions and actions.
- Improved the speed, quality and transparency of project information management across a team of 150 from dozens of organizations.
- Eliminated a capital investment of nearly US$1 million for the customization of generic enterprise software for construction management.
- Reduced design request response times from two months to 10 days, resulting in a productivity improvement of 85%.
- Reduced errors, saving time and costs for redesign, rework and financial penalties for missed deadlines or noncompliance.