Aconex powers building of Portugal’s largest hydroelectric power station
Project name: Venda Nova III hydroelectric power station | Industry: PowerProject size: US$438.6 million | Location: Portugal
Venda Nova III is a 736-megawatt, pumped-storage hydroelectric power station. The project includes engineering and civil construction works for nearly nine kilometers of underground tunnels, a below-ground powerhouse chamber more than 50 meters high, surge and intake shafts, and related infrastructure.
- Range of different companies in the Venda Nova III construction consortium.
- Requirement for a central location to manage all project files.
- Need for fast, effective communications between project team members.
- Strong requirements for security and ease of use.
- Single collaboration platform for the entire project team.
- Construction-specific processes, including document control and workflow management.
- Access, distribution and tracking of information in real time, from any location, at any time.
- The market-leading system, both locally and worldwide.
- Common, web-based platform to manage documents, drawings and correspondence.
- Consistent management of project workflows and other processes.
- Security and ease of use for the entire project team.
- Project-wide efficiency, transparency and accountability.