The house wins as Aconex helps build the Venetian Macau
Project name: The Venetian | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$1.8 billion | Location: Macau
The Venetian Macau is the largest single-structure hotel building in Asia and the third largest building, by floor area, in the world. It includes the world’s largest casino – 600,000 square feet of gaming space – as well as 3,000 hotel suites, 850,000 square feet of retail space, a 15,000-capacity arena, and a 1.2-million-square-foot convention center.
- High-value, high-profile project, with tight construction schedule.
- Hundreds of different organizations and consultants, including specialist firms, in China, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, the U.A.E., the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- Efficient sharing of large volumes of information between thousands of project team members and stakeholders.
- Strict requirements for system and data security.
- Online collaboration platform to manage all project information and link the project team.
- Control of document flow between consultants, construction managers and up to 300 contractors.
- Rigorous project information security management.
- Face-to-face training and 24/7 support to ensure system proficiency for all project participants.
- More than 3,000 project team members used Aconex on the project.
- The team managed over 2.7 million documents.
- The system processed more than 6.8 million project communications.
- Over 4.2 terabytes of project data were stored and managed.