Aconex keeps Graham hospital expansion on track
Project name: Vernon Jubilee Hospital | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$180 million | Location: British Columbia, Canada
The expansion of Vernon Jubilee Hospital and Kelowna General Hospital is one of British Columbia’s largest public-private partnership (PPP) developments. The Vernon Jubilee project consists of a 135,000-square-foot diagnostic and treatment building which includes an expanded emergency department, an outpatient center, surgery services, intensive care, and sterilization services.
- Large scope and scale of project.
- Requirement for ready access to information across the project team.
- Thousands of drawings, documents and correspondence items to access, distribute and track.
- Stringent rules for managing information within a PPP project.
- Ability to manage a complex exchange of documents and other project information between multiple stakeholders.
- Single, secure platform for document management.
- Audit trail of all project decisions and actions.
- Easy document search and retrieval.
- Processing of 585,000 documents and 4,500 drawings by a project team of 700 across 90 companies.
- Acceleration of the tendering process by six days per bid package.
- Increased efficiency of project start-up, with a reduction of several weeks.
- Improved workflows and accountability for review and approval, with a reduction of eight hours to ten minutes per review, or a total of 32,900 hours of administrative time.