Aconex keeps the beat in the heart of Belfast
Project name: Victoria Square | Industry: Residential & CommercialLocation: Belfast , Northern Ireland
Victoria Square provides 75,000 square meters of retail and leisure opportunities in the heart of the city of Belfast. The development is one of Europe's largest urban regeneration projects and a milestone in the revitalization of the city center. Victoria Square includes three floors of retail space, restaurants, bars, cafés, and cinemas, as well as over 100 apartments. Public space and gardens are topped by a large glass dome, 36 meters in diameter and 45 meters high. The developer is Multi Development UK, which specializes in quality shopping centers, offices and mixed-use properties.
- Multitude of design consultants, 70 contractors and subcontractors, and a staff of 2,000 on-site, plus major tenants as stakeholders.
- Constraints of commercial email for correspondence and document distribution.
- Inflexibility of file size limitations and need to split drawing transmissions into multiple transmittals.
- Administrative overhead in scanning paper documents for electronic storage and risk of losing project data.
- Secure, central collaboration platform for management of all project documentation, correspondence and workflows.
- Ease and speed of distributing, receiving, filing, and retrieving project data.
- Audit trail of all project activity, including decisions, actions and approvals.
- Web search capabilities for fast, easy searches.
- Managed more than 600,000 documents and correspondence items.
- Controlled project information flow and processes to maintain data integrity and consistency.
- Saved hours of administrative time across the project team each week.
- Improved efficiency and reduced risk.