Grocon PCL helps Deliver A$1billion Cancer Centre on Time and Budget with Aconex
Project name: Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$760 million | Location: Melbourne, Australia
The A$1 billion Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre is a purpose-built centre-of-excellence for cancer research, treatment, education and care located in the prestigious Melbourne Biomedical Precinct. Delivered under a public-private partnership, the Victorian Government contracted the Plenary Health consortium – comprising Plenary Group, the Grocon PCL builder joint venture and Honeywell – to design, build, finance and maintain the project for 25 years.
- Strict reporting and oversight for healthcare facilities and PPP, including materials and inspections.
- Workflow management to meet critical deadlines.
- Strict as-built requirements and change approval processes for accreditation.
- Outdated defect management processes and tools.
- Automatic generation of monthly reports for stakeholders.
- Configurable workflows for tracking requests for information (RFIs), with timely alerts prompting action before items become overdue.
- Automated mail approvals which expedite reviews by monitoring every change and providing an audit trail.
- Mobile, cloud-based, field inspection solution.
- Saved A$778,000 in reporting time and labor costs.
- Saved a projected A$950,500 in management reports.
- Expedited management of the 54,462 field issues captured on Aconex Field.
- Delivered a A$1 billion cancer center on time and on budget.