Upscale island living in Bahrain – built by Gulf and Aconex
Project name: Villamar at the Harbour | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$650 million | Location: Manama, Bahrain
Villamar at the Harbour is situated on an island in the heart of Manama’s business district. Located on a prime 32,000-square-meter waterfront site, it comprises apartments, exclusive villas and penthouses. The development also includes a health club and spa, swimming pools, and a boardwalk with cafés, restaurants and other leisure facilities. Villamar has five precincts, designed to emulate the ocean, the wind and the sky.
- Consultants in the U.K. and Dubai, with construction teams in Bahrain.
- High volume of project documentation.
- Requirement for immediate fulfillment of requests for drawings and other documents registered on the system.
- Timely, accurate communications between all participants, regardless of location.
- Single platform for managing all project information and processes.
- Document management with version control and web search capabilities.
- Workflows to ensure receipt, action and closure of all correspondence items.
- Audit trail for complete documentation of project activities.
- Improved communications between different organizations on the project.
- Storage of project data in one place, where it is easily accessible.
- Effective control of information flow throughout the project.
- Reduced exposure to the risk of delays, disputes and rework.