Vista Projects improves efficiency and quality with Aconex
Project name: Vista Projects | Industry: Oil & GasLocation: Western Canada
Vista Projects provides information and process management services to all of its clients via a standard platform, Aconex. Client projects range from feasibility studies on existing facilities to grassroots developments worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Over the past 26 years, Vista Projects has engineered over 300,000 barrels per day of in-situ heavy oil production.
- Need for more efficient operations and the ability to pass efficiencies on to clients.
- Required 100% completeness and accuracy for all project documentation.
- Client risk for review and approval of all engineering designs and documents.
- Requirement for comprehensive handover information to operate client facilities after construction.
- Replaced two older project management systems with Aconex.
- Automated as many administrative tasks as possible and turned paper-based squad checks into a totally electronic process.
- Created an effective quality assurance model, increasing real-time client engagement and collaboration.
- Ensured the complete capture and auditability of project records involving geographically dispersed teams.
- Accelerated project start-up time by six months per project.
- Reduced document control and management processes by 75%.
- Improved review cycles and quality assurance processes through project-specific engineering workflows.
- Reduced data upload and version control processes for client compliance and handover requirements by 90%.