ING covers the Waterfront with Aconex
Project name: Waterfront City | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$788 million | Location: Melbourne, Australia
One of Australia’s largest urban renewal projects, Waterfront City is a 19-hectare residential, retail and leisure precinct. The development includes 200 retail outlets, commercial office space for 25,000 employees, and housing for up to 20,000 people. The precinct is estimated to attract around 10-12 million visitors each year.
- Large, complex, high-profile project.
- Project team of many different organizations spread across multiple geographies.
- Limitations of commercial email for communications speed and tracking.
- Risk inherent in manual and paper-based processes.
- Ability to capture, access, share, track, and store project information anytime, anywhere.
- Real-time document management with version control to ensure focus on the latest versions of drawings and documents.
- Management of all project correspondence on a single collaboration platform.
- Audit trail to avoid information conflicts leading to delays and disputes.
- 24/7 project connectivity for the entire team.
- Improved efficiency and accountability.
- Reduced cost and risk through document management and streamlined communications.
- Permanent record of all project decisions and actions.