Wellcome Collection Development Project refurbishes with Aconex
Project name: Wellcome Trust Collection | Industry: Hospitality & CommunityProject size: US$28 million | Location: London, U.K.
Wellcome Collection is the Wellcome Trust’s public visitor destination which explores the connections between medicine, life and art in the past, present and future. The venue offers visitors contemporary and historic exhibitions and collections, lively public events, the world-renowned Wellcome Library, a café, a bookshop, and conference facilities. The Wellcome Collection Development Project focuses on the reconfiguration and refurbishment of the Wellcome Building constructed in 1932. This will accommodate a significant increase in traffic from the 100,000 visitors anticipated when the venue opened in 2006 and the half a million currently visiting each year.
- Exceptionally high quality standards and public expectations for Wellcome Collection.
- Requirement for full owner control of the project.
- Project team of 130 individuals across more than 30 different organizations.
- Need for improved efficiency in field inspection and issues management.
- Aconex online collaboration platform for ensuring accountability and managing change across all documents and communications.
- Support for design reviews, tendering and other pre-construction processes.
- Aconex Mobile construction apps for real-time data entry with photo attachments from anywhere on site.
- Aconex Field for improved efficiency in field inspections and faster resolution of issues.
- Secure storage and management of all project information in the cloud.
- Neutral platform providing immediate access to project correspondence and the current version of documents.
- Synchronization of project workflows defined by the owner/project manager.
- Tracking of all project communications, decisions and changes in a complete audit trail.