Aconex supports massive, 10-year public development project
Project name: West Kowloon Cultural District | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$2.8 billion | Location: Hong Kong
Situated on 40 hectares of reclaimed land across the harbor from Hong Kong’s central business district, the publicly funded West Kowloon Cultural District is one of the world’s largest cultural infrastructure projects, blending art, education and open space. Construction began with a ground-breaking ceremony for the Xiqu Centre in 2013. The first batch of projects includes the M+ museum, the Freespace performing arts platform and an arts pavilion. A Lyric Theater, a medium theater, a center for contemporary performance, and resident company facilities are included in the second batch of projects. The entire development has a schedule of 10 years.
- Underground facilities such as utilities, an airport express line, a rail line, and cooling mains.
- Project team of 1,300 representing 80 different organizations throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
- Adoption of BIM for all projects and requirement for model collaboration between design and construction teams.
- Complex workflows for monitoring and reporting high volumes of engineering drawings, RFIs, change orders, and other documents.
- Comprehensive project information management (PIM) solution with project-wide collaboration capabilities.
- Secure, permanent storage of all project communications and documents in the cloud, with version control.
- Workflow management for all documents, drawings and models requiring review and approval.
- Aconex Connected BIM for project team collaboration on BIM data and processes.
- Rapid deployment and configuration – just two weeks for the set-up of the design phase.
- Ease of learning and use for a large, diverse, geographically dispersed project team.
- Project information access and sharing anywhere at any time.
- Immediate updates to documents and electronic distribution to contractors, rather than mark-up and mailing of hard copies.