Megaproject relies on megaproject management solution from Aconex
Project name: YAS Island | Industry: Residential & CommercialProject size: US$40 billion | Location: Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Yas Island is a 25-square-kilometer development located off the coast of Abu Dhabi. It was named by Engineering-News Record (ENR) magazine as one of the world’s largest megaprojects. The development includes the Yas Marina Circuit, host to the Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix, as well as world-class hotels, theme parks, golf courses, shopping malls, marinas, apartments, and villas.
- Controlling massive volumes of documentation and correspondence.
- Linking a large, internationally dispersed project team, with 95% of the organizations based outside the Middle East.
- Providing continuity of information when people and organizations join and leave the project.
- Ensuring a comprehensive handover of information from the contractors to the operators at each stage.
- All project participants access, distribute, track, and store documents and correspondence on a single, common platform.
- Team members exchange documents and communications anytime from anywhere.
- All data stored on the system is securely archived – it can’t be deleted or accessed by unauthorized personnel.
- Aconex provides local training worldwide plus 24/7 helpdesk and online support.
- 5,700 people from 380 companies have used the system.
- More than 8 million project documents have been managed from origination through approval.
- Elimination of paper files for all correspondence and drawings has produced major cost savings.